Wednesday, 27 March 2013

WIP Wednesday: Love triangle

Hello lovelies,

Today I wanted to share the WIP I am working on. In my last post I shared my next project. When my yarn finally arrived I started of with making a gauge swatch! It appeared my gauge is just fine, so I asked the little yarn fairy to cast on all of my stitches. I'm not a big fan of casting on, even though it is exciting to start a new project. 

There is not much to share about my progress yet, so I will share another big step in my creative process when starting a new project. I'm a girly girl, so I find myself often with a cup of tea and some fashion magazines on the sofa. This often gives me inspiration and makes it easier to choice from the many gorgeous patterns that can be found all over the web. 

At the moment I'm in love with geometric patterns, check out some of these awesome garments by Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, Chanel and Kenzo:



I just love the simplicity of it and yet it can give an outfit a little edge and sophistication. So when I spotted the pattern, it was a perfect match. 


© Pickles.no

So, want to see my progress?



This is where I'm at right now. Right now it is stockinette stitch in the same color, which is a bit boring. But, I'm a TV-knitter so I won't complain. I can't wait to get the second color in, things should get a little more interesting once the color work kicks in. 




Vandaag wil ik een project delen waar ik vorige week mee ben begonnen. Nadat de brei-fee mijn steken had opgezet (ik ben niet zo'n fan van steken opzetten) kon ik echt van start. Er is nog niet veel te zien aan het project, een prop wit kleurige wol. Dus daarom wil ik graag laten zien waar ik mijn inspiratie vandaan haal. 

Als een echt meisje-meisje vind je mij geregeld op de bank met een kop thee, bladerend in een tijdschrift vol onbetaalbare outfitjes. Ik ben helemaal verliefd geworden op geometrische patronen zoals te zien in de kleding van o.a. Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, Chanel en Kenzo. Het is dan ook niet gek dat ik helemaal verliefd ben geworden op het patroon met de driehoekjes. 

Momenteel is het patroon een tikkeltje saai, maar ik hoop dat dat anders wordt als de tweede kleur wordt toegevoegd! 




8 comments:

  1. It is going to be beautiful! Can't wait to see when you add the second color! And I have to agree, stockinette stitch can be boring, but it isn't bad when you have a movie to watch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting pattern. And it will get more interesting when you add the second colour. Are you doing green? Or something else? And how ever does one lift one's arms in that sweater? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just pinned the grey/white checkered LV shift from the spring 2013 RTW collection in hope I could recreate something similar. This cape is very cool. It will be fun to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. I like the triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that pattern also! The structure and drape as well as the geometric design makes it very unique. Can't wait to see what the second color will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is going to be so gorgeous! I love geometric shapes in garments, but I'm yet to ever try it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks gorgeous, I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pattern is gorgeous, I love the colour work on it. Can't wait to see the finished garment!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,

It's nice to hear from you, so feel free to leave a comment!